Advanced-level CNC machine programmer capable of developing and maintaining accurate and efficient CNC machine code. Responsible for utilizing CAD, CAM and various other systems to manage a library of tooling, programs and metal cutting information. Understands and applies the latest cutting tool technologies to reduce overall part cycle time. Capable of unassisted setup and operation of CNC equipment.
- Collaborates with Design Engineering on new product and tooling development to ensure commonality and suitability of manufacture.
- Works closely with Production and Scheduling to ensure programs are prepared and at current revision prior to release.
- Capable of clear communication with Machinists to troubleshoot new programs and tooling applications.
Critical Skills/ Experience:
- Significant conventional and CNC machine setup and operation cutting aluminum, steel and other alloys.
- Experience and expertise with Okuma Lathes.
- Minimum of 5 years CNC Programming in a multi-machine environment programming various 3 to 4-axis mills and 2 to 4-axis lathes.
- Proficient in use of current MasterCAM and Solidworks software.
- Experienced in discovering, analyzing and solving problems in a production manufacturing environment.
Minimum of 2 years technical training in Manufacturing or Industrial Technologies with A.A.S. or B.S. preferred. Extensive work experience will be considered as an alternative.