- Supervise day to day operations of machining department.
- Setting and managing daily priorities and productivity within the machine shop.
- Coordinate with the Manufacturing Engineering department on new product development and implementation into production.
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance department to ensure inspection criteria are established and being followed.
- Willing and able to assist in the training of operators/machinists as necessary.
- Must be able to motivate, provide leadership and create a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Able to understand complex mechanical drawings and tolerances.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high number of set-ups and short run jobs.
- Participate in the process of developing set-up sheets and CNC program retention process for all jobs.
- Ability to develop and implement systems and procedures as they relate to process development, process flow, quality assurance and work order documentation.
- Ability to institute process and procedural improvements in a machine shop environment is critical.
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience in the CNC machining industry, preferably in the metal Fabrication industry.
- Possess a technical degree or equivalent experience.
At AST, we are committed to providing the ideal climate for personal and professional development for all of our team members. The value of work-life balance is crucial, and the health and happiness of our team is paramount. For this reason, we have crafted a benefits package for members of our team. Some benefits for full time employees include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation / Sick Pay