Your Source for High Performance Products
– Stronger metallic forgings
– Single-piece vs multi-piece designs
– No joining weak points
– Near-net shapes
– Reduced machining time
– Less material waste
– Small and durable to large and lightweight
– Broad size ranges enables technical innovation
– In-house engineering
– Highly flexible operations
– Short development cycle times
– Aluminum, copper, magnesium, stainless steel, niobium, and other exotics deliver product performance for demanding applications
– Novel product designs
– Better system performance
– Simplified assembly
Launchers and Space Vehicles
Working with key engine manufacturers, AST has applied our extensive capabilities to produce single-piece engine nozzles. In comparison to traditional techniques of welding multiple rings together, AST’s single-piece solution enhances nozzle durability while simplifying manufacturing processes. AST currently produces stainless steel, copper, and niobium engine nozzles.
AST has adapted metal forming technology to produce single-piece combustion chambers for the launch industry. Forged metal chambers with complex geometries and no welded sections results in a stronger more durable chamber and a streamlined customer assembly process. AST combustion chambers are currently being utilized on major space launch programs.
AST has an extensive history of producing pressure vessels for on-board consumables storage. Both high pressures and cryogenic states are reliably achieved using forged and formed seamless Type 3 COPVs. AST pressure vessels currently fly on multiple space programs.
Other Components for Space
We support a variety of other components for space vehicles. If you have a challenging application that would benefit from the strength & durability of single piece forged components, we’d welcome the opportunity to work with you.
AST would like to salute our rocket manufacturers for their historic achievements.
AST enables Innovation in many Aerospace Applications
The high strength of forged alloys, combined with the durability benefits from seamless spin-formed manufacturing, enables high levels of component performance.
This benefits a variety of difficult aviation applications including:
- High-pressure gas and fluid systems (bottles, reservoirs, accumulators)
- Lightweight wheels (landing gear)
- Tubes and shafts (engines)
- Other structural components