- One-piece Combustion Chambers and Nozzles
- Seamless, Type 3 Liners, Cylinders, and Tank Components
- Rotary Forged Wheel Blanks
Advanced Metal Forming
Looking for a metal spinning specialist, supplier or factory? Let us help solve your biggest project challenges.
- Cylindrical, Conical, Parabolic, and Spherical Shapes from Forged preforms made from Aluminum, Copper, Titanium, Stainless, and other alloys
Rocket Engine Components
- Rocket nozzles, combustion chambers, and other spun rocket engine components.
- AST has completed challenging metal spinning projects in complex shapes using aluminum, copper, titanium, stainless, and other alloys for our space and aerospace customers.
Pressure Vessel Liners and Tank Components
- Type 3 liners, tubes, cylinders, and other tank components for space propulsion systems.
- AST has extensive experience in manufacturing pressure vessels for high pressure applications.
- We welcome the opportunity to manufacture your design specifications.
Rotary Forged Wheels
- AST is a worldwide industry leader in rotary forged wheel blanks.
- Monoblocks for automotive, beadlock/off-road, drag race, and trucks.
- Largest offerings of Center Forgings for multi-piece wheels.
- We offer Program Starter Centers without minimums.
Unmatched Material Efficiency
- 4 state-of-the-art CNC rotary forging presses with near net forging results
- Reduction in tooling setup times for higher spindle utilization rates
- Largest rotary forging press can forge parts with a diameter of 40”
Advanced Metal Forming Process
- Advanced metal forming processes designed to manufacture complex cylindrical, conical, and spherical shapes from forged preforms
- Multiple CNC controlled rollers mechanically work material over tools, creating a near net shape on the outside and inside diameter
- 7 spin/flow forming machines, creating a wide variety of rotationally symmetric shapes with a high degree of material efficiency
- Largest machines with 65 tons per axis creates large diameter tubes and nozzles for high profile space applications, oversized military wheels up to 27” diameter or 30” diameter truck wheels
- Automated robotic arm machine loading and unloading for spinning process enables high efficiency and cost effectiveness for large volume orders
- AST has both a conventional and CNC machine shop with over 45 machines for lathe turning and milling
- The machine shop has a large line-up of machines with a swing of over 40” diameter
- Strategically organized to serve multiple product segments, allowing for quick setups between projects
- Elaborate library of programs with proven simulations, part number grouped tooling kits
- Highly skilled staff of manufacturing engineers and programmers
Certified and Surveyed Systems
- 2 in-house heat treat systems
- Continuous belt furnace
- Drop bottom furnace
- Both systems certified and surveyed systems support most aluminum alloys
- Continuously monitored for temperature uniformity and process control
- All product is run through a rigorous post heat treat process which consistently monitors hardness data and samples of mechanical properties
Testing & Monitoring
Committed to Safely & Efficiently Delivering Quality
- AST has a robust quality assurance process, auditing and monitoring all manufacturing processes
- Receival of raw materials, first article inspections, final inspection prior to shipping to customers
- All processes are based on detailed engineering drawings and control plans with predefined in-process inspection sheets
- State-of-the-art laser inspection instruments are used for inspection and quality assurance
- Metallurgist on staff to inspect metallurgical details such as grain structure and mechanical properties
- Metalforming relies on tooling to control how material moves from a starting shape to a deliverable/li>
- All tooling used for forging and spin/flow forming is fabricated in-house, enabling cost control and production schedule efficiencies
- AST uses common tooling on numerous components of the same diameter and style, reducing the amount of dedicated tooling needed and leading to shorter lead times, more product variations, and a better value for our customers