- Responsible for effective coordination of labor and machine resources to produce a variety of machined components in a high mix, low-volume environment.
- Manage workforce to continuously improve safety, productivity and quality metrics.
- Develop labor pool to improve skills and flexibility.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to develop projects which result in improved workplace safety, and productivity improvements that result in more efficient use of resources.
- Work closely with Production Planning to communicate resource capacity and constraints while developing plans to meet delivery expectation.
- Develop machine shop quality program with the Quality Manager that results in continuous improvement of quality metrics.
- Prioritize and communicate substantial machine maintenance requirements with the Maintenance Manager while maintaining an operator-based preventative maintenance program.
- Build and lead team of skilled machinists with consistent communication, clear expectations and effective coaching.
- Effectively communicate with top management the results of safety, quality, productivity, and delivery metrics.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Able to understand complex machine drawings and production processes.
- Possess significant conventional and CNC machine shop management experience.
- Experience in discovering, analyzing and solving problems in a production manufacturing environment.
- Skilled in effective development of personnel with a range of skills and abilities.
- Minimum 10 yrs. experience in the CNC machining industry, preferably in the metal Fabrication industry.
- Possess a technical degree or equivalent experience.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years technical training in Manufacturing or Industrial Technologies
- A.A.S. or B.S. preferred, extensive work experience will be considered as an alternative
At AST, we are committed to providing the ideal climate for personal and professional development for all of our team members. The value of work-life balance is crucial, and the health and happiness of our team is paramount. For this reason, we have crafted a benefits package for members of our team. Some benefits for full time employees include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation / Sick Pay