Want to make high end products in a high growth environment for premier companies in the automotive and aerospace industries? Come join the AST Team in making exciting products for the world’s leading companies.
Advanced Structural Technologies (AST) is an industry leading manufacturer of forged, flow formed and machined products for the automotive, defense, aerospace and alternative energy markets. As a fully integrated contract manufacturing business, all process steps are completed on site in AST’s 100,000 sq. ft. facility.
AST is located in Oxnard California 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 2 miles from the Pacific Ocean and California’s Pacific Coast Highway.
- Work with Machine Shop Manager and Engineering to coordinate AST’s tooling activities.
- Develop, maintain and distribute Tooling Status Schedule to AST Management.
- Develop, maintain and distribute CNC and Conventional Tooling detail schedules.
- Ensure that tooling work orders are being issued properly and costs are being collected and tracked as per AST policy.
- Coordinate with Engineering to ensure that tooling steel is ordered in a timely manner.
- Maintain and distribute “Tool Steel – Raw Material Inventory Report”.
- Review and manage tooling machinist time reporting.
- Coordinate with AST Accounting Department to make sure that tooling work orders are capitalized or expensed as per AST accounting policies.
- Develop, maintain and distribute Tooling Productivity Report.
- Work with Forging, CNC & Spin Department personnel to ensure that Tools are properly maintained and organized and inventories are accurate and current.
- Develop and maintain Forge, CNC and Spin Department Standard tooling inventories and replenishment practices.
- Responsible for general housekeeping and cleanliness of conventional tooling department.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS in appropriate field.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable working with ERP systems.
- Good organization, communications and time management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word and Excel)
At AST, we are committed to providing the ideal climate for personal and professional development for all of our team members. The value of work-life balance is crucial, and the health and happiness of our team is paramount. For this reason, we have crafted a benefits package for members of our team. Some benefits for full time employees include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation / Sick Pay