The ideal candidate will have come from a high-volume CNC machine shop environment and be able to program, set-up and operate Lathes with a minimum of direct supervision. The lathe department is comprised of approximately 45 CNC Lathes. The equipment is comprised primarily of Okuma’s, HAAS, and Mori Seiki’s lathes. This individual must be a self-motivated, focused and organized team player. Production parts are primarily wheels and wheel components manufactured from aluminum.
- Study blueprints, layouts or charts to visualize work and determine materials needed, sequence of operations, dimensions and tooling instructions.
- Write and edit programs as necessary based on drawings.
- Selects cutting tools and tooling instructions, according to knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics, or written specifications.
- Positions, secures and aligns cutting tools in tool holders on machine, using hand tools, and verifies their position with measuring instruments.
- Moves controls to set cutting speeds, depths of cut and feed rates and to position tool in relation to workplace.
- Run machine through the cycle, stopping to adjust tool positions and machine controls to ensure specified timing, clearance and tolerances.
- Observes operation and stops machine to inspect finished parts and verify conformance with specifications of first run, using measuring instruments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to set-up and operate CNC machines with Okuma, HAAS, and Fanuc controls.
- Able to write and edit CNC programs and to correct or improve job performance.
- Able to understand complex mechanical drawings and tolerances.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high number of set-ups and short run jobs.
- Ability to institute process and procedural improvements in a machine shop environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma
- Possess at least 5 to 8 years’ experience in a machine shop environment
At AST, we are committed to providing the ideal climate for personal and professional development for all of our team members. The value of work-life balance is crucial, and the health and happiness of our team is paramount. For this reason, we have crafted a benefits package for members of our team. Some benefits for full time employees include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation / Sick Pay