Want to make high end products in a high growth environment for premier companies in the automotive and aerospace industries? Come join AST’s 160 employees in making exciting products for the world’s leading companies.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of forging department.
- Setting and managing daily priorities and productivity within the shop.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering department on new product development and implementation into production.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance department to ensure inspection criteria are established and being followed.
- Willing and able to assist in the training of operators as necessary.
- Must be able to motivate, provide leadership and create a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Able to understand complex mechanical drawings and tolerances.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high number of set-ups and short run jobs.
- Participate in the process of CNC program retention process for all jobs.
- Ability to develop and implement systems and procedures as they relate to process development, process flow, quality assurance and work order documentation.
- Ability to institute process and procedural improvements in a shop environment.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience in a production/shop environment, preferably in the metal fabrication industry.
At AST, we are committed to providing the ideal climate for personal and professional development for all of our team members. The value of work-life balance is crucial, and the health and happiness of our team is paramount. For this reason, we have crafted a benefits package for members of our team. Some benefits for full time employees include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation / Sick Pay