Want to make high end products in a high growth environment for premier companies in the automotive and aerospace industries? Come join AST’s 160 employees in making exciting products for the world’s leading companies.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of forging department.
- Setting and managing daily priorities and productivity within the shop.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Engineering department on new product development and implementation into production.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance department to ensure inspection criteria are established and being followed.
- Willing and able to assist in the training of operators as necessary.
- Must be able to motivate, provide leadership and create a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Able to understand complex mechanical drawings and tolerances.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high number of set-ups and short run jobs.
- Participate in the process of CNC program retention process for all jobs.
- Ability to develop and implement systems and procedures as they relate to process development, process flow, quality assurance and work order documentation.
- Ability to institute process and procedural improvements in a shop environment.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience in a production/shop environment, preferably in the metal fabrication industry.