Responsibilities will include
- Inspect in-process, finished product, components and assemblies for accuracy and to verify adherence to engineering specifications.
- Must be able to use Calipers, Micrometers, Height Gages, Portable CMM’s (FARO), fixed CMM’s, UT Gages. Be able to use Vernier measurement equipment and Pi tapes.
- Determine acceptance or rejection and record and notify manufacturing of test results and inspection data.
- Create CMM programs and inspection forms, as needed, per company policies and procedures.
- Perform quality audits to ensure processes, procedures and quality systems are being followed.
- Perform calibration on inspection hand tools.
- Read and interpret materials, such as work orders, inspection manuals and blueprints to determine inspection and test requirements.
- Initiate engineering change requests (ECR).
- Initiate corrective action requests (CAPA).
- Initiate non-conforming material reports (NCMR).
Critical Skills/ Experience:
- A minimum of 4 yrs of work-related skill, knowledge or experience.
- Familiarity with Quality System requirements i.e. ISO 9001 or AS9100
- Able to read/interpret prints and perform basic shop math.
- Complete required reports regarding part measurements and visual cosmetic conditions.
- Perform work in a timely manner, while keeping quality the highest priority.
- Able to follow all quality procedures, work instructions and training given by the organization.
- Assist as needed with all department responsibilities.
- Take direction from the Quality Manager and oversee the work of the other floor inspector.
At AST, we are committed to providing the ideal climate for personal and professional development for all of our team members. The value of work-life balance is crucial, and the health and happiness of our team is paramount. For this reason, we have crafted a benefits package for members of our team. Some benefits for full time employees include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation / Sick Pay