Responsibilities will include
- Inspect in-process, finished product, components and assemblies for accuracy and to verify adherence to engineering specifications.
- Must be able to use Calipers, Micrometers, Height Gages, Portable CMM’s (FARO), fixed CMM’s, UT Gages. Be able to use Vernier measurement equipment and Pi tapes.
- Determine acceptance or rejection and record and notify manufacturing of test results and inspection data.
- Create CMM programs and inspection forms, as needed, per company policies and procedures.
- Perform quality audits to ensure processes, procedures and quality systems are being followed.
- Perform calibration on inspection hand tools.
- Read and interpret materials, such as work orders, inspection manuals and blueprints to determine inspection and test requirements.
- Initiate engineering change requests (ECR).
- Initiate corrective action requests (CAPA).
- Initiate non-conforming material reports (NCMR).
Critical Skills/ Experience:
- A minimum of 4 yrs of work-related skill, knowledge or experience.
- Familiarity with Quality System requirements i.e. ISO 9001 or AS9100
- Able to read/interpret prints and perform basic shop math.
- Complete required reports regarding part measurements and visual cosmetic conditions.
- Perform work in a timely manner, while keeping quality the highest priority.
- Able to follow all quality procedures, work instructions and training given by the organization.
- Assist as needed with all department responsibilities.
- Take direction from the Quality Manager and oversee the work of the other floor inspector.